Are you eligible?
You may apply for the Seniors Financial Assistance (SFA) programs offered by the Government of Alberta if you meet all of the eligibility requirements:
- You are 65 years of age or older;
- You have lived in Alberta for at least 3 months immediately before applying;
- You are a Canadian citizen, or have been admitted into Canada for permanent residence (landed or sponsored immigrant); and
- You or your spouse have not chosen to defer receipt of Old Age Security Pension. (Alberta Seniors Benefit, Special Needs Assistance, and Dental and Optical Assistance for Seniors Programs)
Alberta Seniors Benefit Program information and forms
Seniors Financial Assistance (SFA) application package
- SFA Application form
- SFA information booklet
- Income estimate form
- Direct deposit request Complete a new form if your banking information changes
- Certificate of Incapability
- Authorization of Representative
Disclaimer: The above content is strictly for the information and knowledge purpose only. I am not associated with the government of Alberta.